- (V) What Muslims and Jews Should Learn from Brandeis, Yossi Klein Halevi and Abdullah Antepli [Article]
“This isn’t an issue about free speech, which we support unequivocally. Rather, this is about whether our communities should honor and promote each other’s renegades. What distinguishes a dissident from a renegade is that while a dissident aims at changing aspects of his or her faith community, a renegade simply damns it.“
- (V) Unity in Diversity, Reza Aslan, TEDxConejo [18 minutes]
“It’s not knowledge that changes minds. It’s relationships.”
- (V) The Danger of a Single Story, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, TED Talk [18 minutes]
“The single story creates stereotypes. And the problem with stereotypes is not that they are untrue, but that they are incomplete. They make one story become the only story.”
- (B) Sharing the Well, A Resource Guide to Jewish-Muslim Engagement, guidelines, essays, and engagement programs
- (B) Children of Abraham: A Guide to Jewish-Muslim Dialogue
- (A) Healing the Holy Land, Interreligious Peacebuilding in Israel/Palestine, Yehezkel Landau, D. Min [Research report]
“This report argues for the inclusion of religious leaders and educators in the long-term peacebuilding that is required to heal the bitter conflict between Israelis and Palestinians.”
- (A) Journey Towards the Other, Rabbi Hanan Schlesinger, co-Founder of Roots [Article]
“Ali’s reality made its way into my heart … and I will never be the same. His truth has not made mine any less true, rather it has shown my truth to be only part of the complex web of the reality in which we live. My life has become so much more complicated as I hold within my consciousness two conflicting truths that are both valid.”
- (V) Religion & Democracy, [27 minutes]
CBSNews looks at the challenges America faces when it comes to religious bigotry and why this climate of fear and intolerance is a threat to our democracy.
- (A) The Denominations of Judaism
A quick look at Reform, Conservative, Orthodox and Reconstructionist Judaism — and at other Jewish streams.
(V)=Video (B)=Book (A)=Article
2016 NewCAJE Conference, Naperville, IL
These resources are password protected and are for use by attendees of the MyBroFam NewCAJE workshops that included How to Talk to Just About Anyone About Israel-Palestine; Resources, Where is It Written?; and Dialogue vs. Debate, Can You Hear Me Now? If you have the password, click here.
For information about hosting a MyBroFam workshop or help in accessing this information, contact joyce@MyBrotherFromAnotherMother.org.