Check your answers and tally your points.
1. Four Gospels (1 point)
Matthew Mark Luke John
2. Hindu Sacred Texts (1 point)
Vedas Upanishads Bhagavad Gita Mahabharata Kama Sutra Ramayana
3. Holy Islamic Book: Qur’an (1 point)
4. Jesus’ Birthplace: Bethlehem (1 point)
5. Jericho Road: Good Samaritan Story (1 point)
6. Bible’s First Five Books (1 point each)
Genesis Exodus Leviticus Numbers Deuteronomy
7. Golden Rule: “Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.” (1 point)
8. “God helps those who help themselves.” Not in the Bible (2 points)
9. “Blessed are the poor in spirit.” From the Bible, Beatitudes or Sermon on the Mount
10. Ten Commandments Different religions list commandments differently (1 point each)
I am the Lord your God You shall have no other Gods before Me
Do not take God’s name in vain Do not build graven images
Keep the Sabbath holy Honor mother and father
Do not kill Do not commit adultery
Do not steal Do not bear false witness
Do not covet thy neighbor’s wife Do not covet thy neighbor’s goods
11. Four Noble Truths (1 point each)
Life is suffering.
Suffering has an origin.
Suffering can be overcome.
The path to overcoming suffering is the Noble Eightfold Path.
12. Seven Sacraments (1 point each)
Baptism Communion Confession Confirmation Ordination Marriage Unction
13. First Amendment Clauses: Establishment Clause; Free Exercise Clause (1 point each)
14. Ramadan: a sacred Islamic month during which Muslims fast (2 points)
Adam and Eve: Garden of Eden (7 points)
Paul: Road to Damascus
Moses: Exodus and Parting of the Red Sea
Noah: Olive Branch
Jesus: Road to Damascus, Garden of Gethsemane
Abraham: Binding of Isaac
Serpent: Garden of Eden
Scoring: Add up points and multiply by two
A is 90 points or higher
B is 80-89
C is 70-79
A passing grade is 60 points or more